The scope of something (function, variable, macro, etc.) in a program is the range of code that it applies to.
- Self is used to access static members of the class
- Self refers to the current class
- $this refers to the current object
- $this can be used to call static functions
- $this should not be used to call static member variables
- $this can’t be used inside of static function
- Magic Methods allow you to react to certain events when using these particular objects. This means when certain things happen to your object, you can define how it should react in that instance.
- They start with double underscore
- They are always defined inside of the class
- They are never called directly
__construct(), __destruct(), __call(), __callStatic(), __get(), __set(), __isset(), __unset(), __sleep(), __wakeup(), __toString(), __invoke(), __set_state(), __clone() and __debugInfo()
Etags are part of http protocol and they are a mechanism for web cach validation.
REST is a simple way to organize interactions between independent systems. Representational State Transfer relies on stateless, client – server cachable communications protocol. Restful applications use HTTP requests to post data create update read and delete. REST uses HTTP for all four CRUD operations.
Scalability is the ability of a system network or process to handle a growing amount of work in a capable manner or its ability to be enlarged to accomodate that growth.
- Use cloud that has ability to launch server on demand
- Use load balancer (Amazon ELB, Rackspace Load Balancer)
- Choose the right data storage (SQL or noSQL)
- cache things
- queue up everything that doesn’t need to be done synchronously, stats, logs notifications
- Automate everything – you should be able to launch servers that self configure and get added to the resource pool automatically
- run load tests
- monitor everything – setup alerts
- separate business logic into Service Oriented Architecture
- Lack of opportunities to develop myself
- No clear path for carrier growth and advancement
- I don’t feel like I’m growing
- I’m the most experienced engineer here
I hope to stay at the company and expect that in five years I’ll make a significant advance in the organization.
I sincerely believe that I’m the best person for the job. Like other candidates I have the ability to do this job. But beyond that ability I offer an additional quality that makes me the very best person for the job — my drive for excellence. Not just giving lip service to excellence but putting every part of myself into achieving it. Throughout my career I have consistently strived to become the very best I can become. The success I’ve attained in my management positions is the result of possessing the qualities you’re looking for in an employee.